The LAFI’s desire to continue the Saturday Program for Academic and Cultural Enrichment (S.P.A.C.E) and support student’s learning during this disruption and abrupt closures caused by COVID19, resulted in the S.P.A.C.E. Distance Enrichment Program. The program covers the below-listed subjects and the schedule plan is broken down by subject matter. In an effort to maintain routines and provide consistency to students, families may choose to set up designated “space” for their students. Our certified educators who teach these classes understand that each family has a different situation. Therefore, we have created a routine for distance learning … S.P.A.C.E. is not “school” – it’s enriching – and – it’s learning that is designed to be enriching while having FUN!!
The S.P.A.C.E. Distance Enrichment Program is open to students in grades 3 through 6 in the Mitchellville and surrounding communities to participate in our core program that will focus two Saturdays monthly on:
- Reading/Writing – 9:00 am – 9:45 am
- Brain Break – 9:45 am – 10:00 am
- Science/Math – 10:00 am – 10:45 am
- Brain Break/Snack – 10:45 am – 11:00 am
- Coding/Life Skills – 11:00 am – 11:45 am
Virtual Field trips will be conducted every third week.
Zoom will only be used to communicate with parents once a month for parent conferences.
The full monthly fee (not Saturday by Saturday) is $45.00 per student payable in advance.
- May – 9 and 16 (instruction) and May 23 (virtual field trip).
- June – 6, 13 (instruction) and 20 (virtual field trip) – tentative – but will be confirmed on this page.
Please complete the printable Registration Forms below and email to SPACE@thelafi.org